Week 4 – Fred Gallop – July 21, 2019
Romans 11:36 – “For everything comes from him and exists by his power and is intended for his glory. All glory to him forever! Amen.” (Will be introduced during the overview section)
- – Vs. 1-2: Our Relationship to God.
- – Vs. 3-8: Our Relationship to the gifts of God’s Spirit.
- – Vs. 9-13: Our Relationship with other believers.
- – Vs. 14-21: Our relationship with unbelievers.
Main Scripture: Romans 14:1-12.
* Addresses those who are “weak” and strong in faith. (vs. 1-5)
• The reverence of certain days of the week and eat certain foods (vs. 6-9)
• Accepting one another despite some theological differences in the same faith. (vs. 10-12)
Big Question: How did God create YOU to worship?
1) “You are not qualified”
2) God created you unique, for a purpose. 3) Worship requires everything.
Romans 14:4-5 – Who are you to condemn someone else’s servants? Their own master will judge whether they stand or fall. And with the Lord’s help, they will stand and receive His approval. In the same way, some think that one day is more holy than another day, while others think every day is alike. You should be fully convinced that whichever day you choose is acceptable.” (NLT)
1. You are not qualified.
* 1 Samuel 16:6-7: When they arrived, Samuel took one look at Eliab and thought, “surely this is the Lord’s anointed. But the Lord said to Samuel, “Don’t judge by his appearance or height, for I have rejected him. People judge by outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.
* 1 Samuel 16:11-13: Then Samuel asked, “Are these all the sons you have?” “There is still the youngest,”
Jesse replied. “But he’s out in the fields watching the sheep and goats.” Send for him at once,” Samuel said.
“We will not sit down to eat until he arrives.” So Jesse sent for him. He was dark and handsome, with beautiful
eyes. And the Lord said, “this is the one; anoint him.” So as David stood there among his brothers, Samuel
took the flask of olive oil he had brought and anointed David with the oil. And the spirit of the Lord came
powerfully upon David from that day on. Then Samuel returned to Ramah.
* God doesn’t call the qualified, He qualifies the called
2. God created you unique for a purpose.
* Romans 14:6 – “Those who worship the Lord on a special day do it to honor Him. Those who eat any kind of food do so to honor the Lord since they give thanks before eating. And those who refuse to eat certain foods also want to please the Lord and give thanks to God.” (NLT).
* 1 Samuel 17:38-40 – Then Saul gave David his own armor—a bronze helmet and a coat of mail. David put it on, strapped the sword over it, and took a step or two to see what it was like, for he had never worn such things before. “I can’t go in these,” he protested to Saul. “I’m not used to them.” So David took them off again.”
3. Worship requires everything.
* Romans 14:7-9 For we don’t live for ourselves or die for ourselves. If we live, it’s to honor the Lord. And if we die, we belong to the Lord. Christ died and rose again for this very purpose—to be Lord both of the living and of the dead. (NLT).
* Romans 12: 1-2: And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all He has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice—the kid he will find acceptable. This is truly the way we worship Him. (NLT)
Podcast: Play in new window | Download